Lead Engineer (Rochester, NY)
This position will lead technical efforts on the process development and scale-up of chemicals and chemical intermediates utilizing Novomer's proprietary homogeneous catalyst. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for advancing the technical concepts, managing construction and installation, and overseeing operation of lab scale continuous reactor systems. The responsibilities will also include the generation of data necessary to support commercializing de-risking.
- Experience with multiple phases of process development with emphasis on evaluating reactor design, separation schemes, small-scale pilot operations, economic evaluation and modeling of process technologies.
- Excellent command of homogeneous catalysis, chemical synthesis, process development, and process scale-up.
- Proven track record of managing teams of diverse chemical disciplines which includes engineers, process chemists, analytic chemists, catalyst experts, operators, EH&S, and subject matter experts.
- Collaborates with the management team to identify and prioritize development and attainment of key milestones compliant with approved commercialization timeline.
- Proactively manages technical milestone delivery, identifies potential obstacles and issues, devises contingency plans, and engages stakeholders at necessary decision points.
- Actively participates in the development of process flow diagrams, heat & mass balances, piping & instrument diagrams, and economic estimates from initial concept to final design.
- Ability to lead and manage internal resources, vendors, consultants, and contract resources to execute against project goals.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in any combination of the following disciplines: chemical process design, pilot plant operations, process simulations, reactor design, or separations work.
- Experience scaling up new chemical process technologies from bench top to full scale production.
- Demonstrated success as a project team leader with responsibilities across all major disciplines required for scaling up new technology.
- Experience with ethylene oxide and homogeneous catalyst process development preferred.
- Masters or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to the Human Resource Department at email@example.com