Novomer’s technology offers a unique combination of cost, sustainability, and performance across a wide range of applications and products.
- 1. Innovative “Green” Sustainable Chemistries
- Proprietary catalysts convert pollution (CO2 and CO) into valuable materials
- Novel synthetic chemistry creates materials that incorporate up to 50% CO2 or CO
- 2. Low Cost/Competitive Position
- Cheap feedstocks (CO2 & CO) which result in low cost products
- Less costly reaction conditions
- Lower Capital Requirements – in most cases the technology can be scaled up in existing chemical industry production infrastructure
- 3. Superior Material Performance of polymers
- Precise internal molecular architecture
- Precise control over finished products
- 4. Platform technologies with multiple product opportunities across a broad array of markets
Novomer’s value proposition can be illustrated with our CO2-based plastics platform which exhibits sustainability, low cost, and superior performance that can be tailored to different market needs. Traditional polymers like polyethylene and polypropylene have good performance and low cost, but are derived from fossil fuels. The bio-based polymers that have been introduced to the market are made from sustainable feedstock like corn, but lack the performance and low cost required for many applications. Novomer’s CO2-based polymers have the potential to be competitive across each of these 3 major categories.